There has been a major update from WhatsApp about how we can consume their APIs.
Here is the recent update from them:
"Starting February 1st, 2022, WhatsApp will switch from a notification-based pricing model to a conversation-based pricing model. Businesses will be charged per conversation which includes all messages delivered in a 24-hour session.
In short, any incoming messages to the WhatsApp Business API numbers are also chargeable and that will greatly affect how you are using Vepaar.
Until now, Vepaar's WhatsApp Business API was receiving & sending messages on behalf of you to provide FREE access to the following services.
- Sending OTP on your customer's number and verifying them to log into your store.
- Sending order receipts on customer's WhatsApp Number.
- Allowing customers to place an order via WhatsApp on your store.
- Collecting poll votes and sending them confirmations.
All these were being handled by Vepaar's Official WhatsApp Number for FREE. The upcoming change from WhatsApp will not allow us to continue this service for free anymore.
But that won't stop you from operating your business efficiently on Vepaar. Hence we are introducing a credit system so you can recharge your account and keep using all of the above services as-it-is.
You will need to buy credits if you wish to:
- Do user verification via OTP when your customer places an order.
- Allow users to place an order via WhatsApp.
- Allow users to login into their accounts and see past orders.
- Send order receipt on WhatsApp.
- Receive poll votes.
If you don't have credits in your account, the above services will be stopped until credits are added to your account. Don't worry, your store will be functional and you will be able to take orders.
Vepaar is still offering the same features at the same subscription pricing including FREE plans. Thank you for your continued support. We will keep improving this platform for everyone.
In case you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask questions in our Facebook Community.